by Hajer Naili | Ms. Blog
Four women, one seat. So far, the 2014 mayoral election in Paris is a single-sex contest.
The two biggest parties have chosen their candidates: Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, of the center-right Union pour un Mouvement Populaire (UMP), and Anne Hidalgo of the Parti Socialiste (PS).
Two other women […]
As the pulsing fashion capital of Europe, if not the world, a Parisian shopping experience will offer everything from luxury haute couture houses to sprawling chainstores. If you’re searching for authentic French labels, or eccentric designer stores, you can take your pick of those too. […]
We tend to think of “Haussmanian” Paris in terms of splendid rows of uniform, off-white, “typically Parisian” apartment buildings and grand boulevards. But a lovely, sprawling green space where the peaceful, voluptuous beauty of nature is on display, the Parc Montsouris, is another part of the legacy […]
Learning and Living French!
- Patrick Modiano, Nobel de littérature 25/10/2014
- A Second Language May Be the Magic Medicine in Delaying Dementia 25/11/2013
- Is it a ‘bise’ or a ‘baiser’? 13/11/2013
- V’la l’Bon Vent / Go Good Wind 12/11/2013
- Reading Proust 11/11/2013
- Brussels, Brugge and Champagne 04/11/2013
- The History and Charm of Provence 04/11/2013
- Got Baguettes? Bakers’ Lobby Tells France To Eat More Bread 04/11/2013
Our Patrick Modiano Page